What causes a bloated stomach and constant burping only at night?

Greetings, After 10 or midnight, my stomach will get bloated. It follows by discomfort and constant burping for hour(s). Sometimes I felt pain around the stomach and sometimes nauseous, but hadn't been throwing up. I might sometimes feel weak and chilly but that seldom happens. The first time i encounter such problem was in November last year, I hadn't faced such problem since then until last 2 months, which has become more frequent. Now for the past 2 weeks, it happens almost every night. The weird thing is, I feel perfectly fine during the day. I went to the pharmacy and they gave me Domperidone 10mg and Pantoprazole Sodium Tablets 20mg. I even started to consume Gaviscon liquid. I was under this medication for almost a week now and it doesn't really improve much. Thank you!
I would highly recommend going to see your primary care doctor about this issue, especially since the symptoms seem fairly severe and are not improving with home medication remedies. The medications that you are taking right now at home for the symptoms are all medications that are used to treat heartburn, or acid reflux. I do think it is quite likely that you are experiencing a variant of acid reflux, especially given how the symptoms start at night (presumably after you have laid down) and are accompanied by burping. Sometimes, acid reflux can be quite severe and might not be responsive to nonprescription medications that you typically get in a pharmacy. It also may be the case that you have a more severe inflammation of the stomach, such as gastritis, or even a stomach ulcer. These may give similar symptoms as acid reflux, but will not always be as immediately responsive to medications. Your primary care doctor will be able to evaluate your symptoms and help you decide whether you need prescription strength medications and whether you need additional workup or referral to a specialist, such as a gastroenterologist. Make an appointment as soon as you can.

Other Gastroenterologists