Can I drink wine while I'm taking folic acid?

My gyn prescribed me folic acid (1 mg yellow round tablet). I have been drinking them for 5 days, can I drink beer or wine tonight?
Folic acid is one of the B vitamins. At a dose of 1 mg daily, folic acid will probably not have any interactions with other medications, including alcohol. Therefore, you probably do not have to worry about having a glass of wine while taking folic acid, but it would be a good idea to check with your OB GYN doctor regardless just to make sure. In particular, since I don't know exactly why you were prescribed folic acid, it is hard to give a specific answer. It is certainly true that many OB GYN doctors will prescribe folic acid to women who are trying to get pregnant, as folic acid is an important vitamin for preventing certain types of birth defects. In this case, if you are actively trying to conceive, then drinking alcohol is not generally a good idea, since alcohol can also cause a range of birth defects. Folate is also prescribed sometimes for other conditions, such as some forms of anemia, or to prevent side effects from certain medications (such as seizure medications). Talk to your OB GYN doctor about this issue. Make an appointment today!