Is it normal to have periods which last 9-10 days of very light flow?

(I usually change my pad every 4-5 hrs even though its never full due to hygienic reasons .... probably I would need to change it every 6-7 hrs) My periods started 2 years back and since then have been quite light and long and are not regular which I know is quite normal due to my age. I am 15 1/2.
The average length of a period is between 5 to 7 days. "Average" means that there are plenty of women who will have periods that are shorter than this, and there are also women who will have periods that are longer than this. As you also noted in your question, the fact that you are young means that your periods are more likely to be longer or irregular, and that they tend to get shorter and more regular as you get older. Nevertheless, this is definitely a good issue to bring up with your primary care doctor or your adolescent doctor the next time you have a visit. Sometimes long periods can be a problem, especially if they lead to excessive blood loss, which can cause anemia and fatigue. Your doctor will be able to perform a complete checkup to make sure that everything is looking normal! Sometimes they may want to check some basic blood work or get an ultrasound of your uterus and ovaries at this visit, but not always. They will also be able to answer any other questions you might have about your general health, including other questions about your menstrual cycles. Book an appointment today! Good luck!

Other Pediatricians