ZocdocAnswersWhat could this bump be on my vagina?

Question

What could this bump be on my vagina?

It's a small flesh colored bump that when squeezed a little puss came out but it's still there after I put alcohol on it. Could it be warts?

Answer

It is hard to tell you exactly what this might be without being able to examine it directly. For this reason, I would recommend making an appointment with your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor so that they can look at it and tell you what might be going on. One possibility is that this represents a minor skin infection, such as folliculitis. These infections will often cause small "bumps" that contain a small amount of pus. The can occur anywhere on the body but they are common in the genital area, mostly because of the moisture that is present there as well as friction from skin rubbing on skin. Warts are another possibility. As you know, warts are a sexually transmitted infection caused by the human papilloma virus. They typically cause irregular looking fleshy bumps on the genitals. They should not contain pus, but I imagine that if squeezed hard enough you might be able to express a small amount of fluid from them. Your doctor will be able to help you figure this out. If this is a skin infection like folliculitis, it will likely clear up with good skin hygiene, although antibiotics are sometimes needed. Warts may require freezing or another method to help remove them.