ZocdocAnswersWhat is causing my stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, and pain during sex?

Question

What is causing my stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, and pain during sex?

durin sex it feels like he is hittin my pelvis its so painful n it feels like he is gettn stuck up there n afta i get nauseous have stomach pain n diarrhea what could b wrong???

Answer

I would strongly recommend going to see your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor about this issue. It is not normal to have such persistent pain with sexual intercourse, and you should get it checked out. Your doctor will perform a complete physical examination, including a pelvic examination. This should help them narrow down the possible causes of your pain. First, I think it will be important to rule out a sexually transmitted infection such as chlamydia or gonorrhea. Especially when these progress to involve all the pelvic organs, a condition known as pelvic inflammatory disease, this can be very painful. Ruling out these infection is typically done with some simple tests run on a urine sample. Second, looking for any evidence of a sort of pain within the ovaries or uterus, such as endometriosis, or uterine fibroids, will be helpful. Sometimes these causes cannot be ruled out by a physical examination, meaning that your doctor may decide to order an ultrasound of the pelvic organs to get a better look. Meanwhile, you should also talk with your partner and let him know what you are feeling, so that you can focus on more gentle intercourse techniques that will be less uncomfortable for you.