ZocdocAnswersAre there non-surgical methods to reduce breast size?

Question

Are there non-surgical methods to reduce breast size?

Hi, I am 23 years old. My left breast is quiet bigger than my right breast, and I wanna make it smaller, how can I do this? Except breast reduction surgery what are other treatments? Please help me!

Answer

Unfortunately, there are currently no reliable non surgical methods to reduce breast size. There are some promising technologies in development, such as using ultrasound to break down fat, but these methods are currently not available for use on the breasts. Some women do find that losing weight is an effective way to reduce the size of their breasts. However, it is likely that the size discrepancy between your breasts would persist even if you do lose some weight. Similarly, other women who wish to avoid surgery will focus on wearing support garments that help to smooth out the contours of the breasts and minimize the visual impact of the size difference. However, if these strategies do not work for you, then unfortunately your only remaining options would be surgical ones. It would not be a bad idea to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon to discuss what your options might be. Just making an appointment does not oblige you to proceed all the way with treatment, and it would be a great opportunity for the doctor to discuss the various surgical options with you. That way, you can decide if there is one that it right for you. Good luck!