Why isn't my strep throat responding to antibiotics?

I was prescribed Keflex and steroids for a confirmed case of strep throat, as well as bronchitis. I finished the meds, but did not feel better. Another strep test was again positive. I was then given Levofloxacin, steroids, and albuterol inhaler. I'm almost finished with the antibiotics, and while the bronchitis is gone, my throat still hurts and feels uncomfortably swollen. What should be the next course of action? I've been sick for 26 days now--previously been in excellent health. (Note: get a rash from doxycycline, Zithromax, and amoxycillin, so those were not prescribed.) Thank you!
I'm sorry to hear that you are having such persistent problems with sore throat. I'd recommend going back to see the primary care doctor who has treated you twice already, as they are familiar with your case and will be able to help you figure out what to do next. It is unusual for strep infections to be resistant to the types of antibiotics that you are taking. Therefore, assuming you took the antibiotics as prescribed, it would be unlikely that this persistent strep throat is due to some sort of "super" strep strain. What is more likely, however, is a viral infection, such as mononucleosis, as the real cause of your sore throat symptoms, with strep being picked up on the swab just because you happen to be carrying it in your throat (as opposed to it being the real source of your symptoms). So, your doctor might want to step back and consider the possibility that your symptoms are from a different viral infection. It would also be a good idea to rule out other causes of sore throat, such as nasal allergies, acid reflux, and the like. Please make an appointment with your doctor!