What can cause difficulty getting an erection?

I'm 31 but I'm having difficulty getting an erection. I know I'm too young to have this problem! I'm not sure what the cause is but it's incredibly frustrating. Is there something I can do for relief?
There are several things that can cause difficulty with getting an erection, no matter what age you are. It is important to speak with your doctor to make sure that this is not a sign of a serious medical condition, and he or she may also be able to help you directly with your very frustrating problem. One of the first questions that your doctor will ask is often is whether or not you are able to have an erection in the morning. If you do still often awake with an erection or have one shortly after awakening, that is often an indicator that your body is able to have an erection, and that the problem may be something else instead. Regardless of what the cause is, there is a therapy that can help if you speak to the right people. If you are not able to have an erection in the morning, then this could be a sign of something concerning with regards to your blood vessels, and should be discussed with your doctor immediately. Decreased blood flow to your penis can be a sign of blood vessel disease throughout your body. Please speak to your doctor about your concerns. Book an appointment today.

Other Urologists

• Dr. Leonard Liang
    Dr. Leonard Liang MD
    1513 South Grand Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90015
  • Dr. Scott Caesar
    Dr. Scott Caesar MD
    3501 Health Center Blvd.
    Bonita Springs, FL 34135
  • Dr. Evan Cohn
    Dr. Evan Cohn MD, FACS
    750 Mount Carmel Mall
    Columbus, OH 43222