Why do I have a dry mouth nearly all the time?

I have asthma and take an inhaler, I also feel the need to drink allot because if I don't my mouth and throat get sore and dry. I also produce no or very little saliva when I'm asleep.
A dry mouth can be very troublesome as it is quite uncomfortable and can interfere with good oral hygiene. Beyond being irritating, a dry mouth can also be a sign of other underlying systemic illnesses, including some autoimmune diseases such as Sjogren's syndrome. In order to get to the bottom of your symptoms, the best thing for you to do is to see your primary care physician right away for a thorough history and physical examination. If you are having other characteristic complaints such as skin changes, trouble swallowing, fevers, or headaches, your doctor may want to do further testing and consider sending you to a specialist (likely a rheumatologist) for further evaluation. It is also possible that on further review of your symptoms (and in absence of any other complaints), your physician may consider your inhaler to be a potential cause of your symptoms. Sometimes people who use inhalers can develop oral irritation or even fungal infections if the inhaled medication contains a steroid. Examining your mouth and neck can be very important in helping rule out these possibilities. It will also be important for you to discuss how to manage the symptoms of your dry mouth. Many people will find themselves sucking on hard candy to keep their mouth hydrated, but this can be very bad for your teeth. Overall, you should see a physician as soon as possible to not only identify the cause of your symptoms as soon as possible but also to hopefully help alleviate your discomfort. Book an appointment today!