Click to book now:

Why is my stomach growling and gurgling; why do I feel sick?

Hi, Im a 28 year old Chicago male, no insurance, live with my mom. Need symptom help. Dec 12th, I went to dinner. Took pepto bismol tablets that Wednesday and Thursday to try and get relief. A little body ache started that night too Dec 14th, Noticed stool was little and black. Since 12/14 Around 5 bowel movements but they have created little stool but they were a brown color. There has been very little fever if any at all and no vomiting as of yet. There have been occasional spurts of pain in the head. Since Friday there have been lots of stomach growling and gurgling and passing gas, there was a heavy bloated and uncomfortable feeling but it seems to be getting better. Took 1/2 of a 1200mg pill of mucinex yesterday. The chest heaviness is still there as of this morning. Dull belching with a couple times having felt a little acid in the throat. This morning, I feel weak and I still feel chest heaviness with sensation on the left and right side of my chest with my stomach gurguling. If anyone can give advice or help, that would be great. Thank you.
It sounds like you have been pretty miserable lately! Hopefully you will be feeling better soon, but in order to figure out what might be causing your symptoms, the best thing to do is to see a physician. You have multiple different complaints that seem to have been going on for several days, and without further history and an examination, it is difficult to determine exactly what is going on. Even if you don't have insurance there are primary care clinics in Chicago, many of them affiliated with the various medical schools, who will likely be able to see you without insurance. Your symptoms of body aches, changes in bowel habits, and abdominal discomfort could be consistent with viral gastroenteritis which should hopefully slowly get better on its own. The chest heaviness and uncomfortable feeling in the back of your throat may be related to acid reflux which can sometimes be seen in patients with viral infections of the gastrointestinal tract. It is good to know that you have not been vomiting and it sounds like you are keeping food down, even if you don't feel well, but it will be important for your physician to also ask you about your past health history, medications, and examine you, especially your heart, lung and abdomen. Book an appointment today!
Have further Questions? See a doctor!