ZocdocAnswersWhy are my teeth becoming loose?

Question

Why are my teeth becoming loose?

I noticed that some of my teeth were starting to become loose, but I don't have any other oral problems.

Answer

Dental problems can be very upsetting, especially because one's smile and dental hygiene are so readily visible. There are several things you can do to promote good oral hygiene, including regular brushing and flossing. In addition, it is also important to visit your dentist for regular exams and cleanings. In this case, the best thing you can do is make an appointment with your dentist right away for an evaluation. He or she can examine your teeth and gums and discuss your symptoms in more detail. It will be important to know if you are having any other systemic symptoms, as some vitamin or mineral deficiencies can manifest with tooth or gum problems. If you have bleeding gums in addition to loose teeth this could also suggest that you are not eating a diet with sufficient fruits and vegetables. Your dentist will also likely want to know about any prior dental care or procedures. It will be important for you to also alert your dentist to any prior medical problems as well as what medications you take on a regular basis. Hopefully with prompt attention you can ensure a lifetime of good oral hygiene and healthy teeth and gums! Depending upon the results of your examination, your dentist may also consider consulting with other dental specialists. Book an appointment today!