What can I do about a large burn on my hip and butt?

I burned my hip/butt on a gas heater right after a shower on New Year's Eve. It hurts really bad and has some minor swelling. The blisters have bursted open and there are lacerations on there as well because I also cut the burn while trying to get away from the heater. I know infection is a major concern here. Should I bandage it or let it stay open since covering it causes pain?
Ouch! That sounds like a miserable way to start the new year, and I am sorry that you are having to suffer from it. I would advise that you see a physician for several reasons. First, I know nothing about your past medical history. Your overall health will greatly affect your ability to heal fully and rapidly without infection. For example, if you smoke and are a diabetic with poor nutritional status, you may need medications and perhaps even admission to a hospital to make sure that the wound heals fully. On the other hand, if you are an 18 year old with no medical problems and the burn is superficial and limited, you may be able to dress the wound gently to collect the oozing and expect that you will heal perfectly. I can't tell you without more information about your health. In addition to not knowing anything about your health, seeing the wound is very important. The amount of injured tissue and how badly it was injured will let us know if there is anything else that needs to be done. I am sure that you have read about severity of burns (ie, first degree burns, etc), and you will know that this is very important. Please see your primary care doctor for further recommendations.