What could cause sudden loss of appetite and feeling full all the time?

All of the sudden I don't have an appetite I don't want to eat and I always feel like I'm full. Also I can go without eating for awhile and eat a little bit and be full.
I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from this problem. While it could have a very simple answer, this is likely something that you should discuss with your doctor as it could be due to quite a few reasons, some of which are potentially serious. More information about your past medical history is vital, as a history of diabetes or other chronic conditions would certainly lead your doctor to think about something differently than if you were young and otherwise healthy. Whether or not you have lost weight, and how long you have felt this way is also important. Early satiety, as doctors call it, can come from dis-regulation of the digestive system, which is carefully controlled by a complex plexus of nerves which interact with the food and drink that are taken in and the body's own protective mechanisms. Early satiety can also come from something else that may be blocking the passing of food down the digestive tract. This sort of obstruction can have many causes, some of which, again, can be quite serious and should be noted and treated quickly. If you are still having complaints of feeling full and having lost your appetite, please speak to your doctor quickly to make sure that there is nothing more serious that is being missed. Book an appointment today.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Gurinder Brar
    Dr. Gurinder Brar MD
    2607 Windguard Circle
    Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024