How can prevent my face from being extremely oily?

When I wake up in the morning my face feels very oily. I have been using the Bio're combination balancing cleanser and a face sponge for sensitive skin.That seems to help a little with the oil and my blackheads. I have noticed that 15-20 minutes after I have washed my face my skin is already oily.
I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. While it may not seem like it or make it any better, you are not alone. Oily skin is a very common complication. Fortunately, there is much that can be done. The normal things, such as adequate sleep, a healthy diet, and maintaining your overall health are, of course, vital. After that, your primary care doctor or a dermatologist may have some specific products that can help. Facial cleaners are excellent to start with. Your doctor may also suggest an over the counter medication such as salicylic acid, which can help to remove excessive dead skin and keep pores open. Do make sure to moisturize your skin with a high quality (which does not mean expensive) water based product, which almost seems counter intuitive. This cleaning and moisturizing may also help with some of the blackheads that you are describing. If even that doesn't work, there are still many directions to turn. There are many prescription medications that can help to keep your skin healthy. Retin A is a common and very popular medication, depending on the degree of blackheads and oily skin that you are suffering from. In short, speak with your doctor, because there is much that can be done. Good luck!

Nearby Dermatologists