Why does my penis head have red spots all over it after intercourse?

Hi, I'm a 25 year old man with uncircumcised penis that's been sexually active with one partner only. We have been having frequent intercourse without any problem until yesterday when I tried on a new type of condom with the same brand (previously I have been only using one type and decided to try another type), after having intercourse I noticed that my penis head has many tiny red spots all over it. It doesn't itch or burn when I wash it with soap. What could it be and how should I treat it?
Glad to hear that you are using safe sex practices with your partner. I am sorry to hear that you have this current issue however. There are a number of different things that could be causing your problem. If the timeline of your brief history is true, then it sounds like the red spots only showed up after switching from one condom brand to another, and they were never there prior to switching. This makes me think that you are probably having a reaction to something in the new condoms. It could be something that the condoms are made out of (like latex), or it could be an additive to the condoms (like a spermacide). Also, it would be important to find out if you added anything else new such as a lubricant (like KY) or a stimulant (like a warming gel). My best guess from what you have described is that there is some type of contact dermatitis (irritation from contact with the skin) from something in the new condom. However, there are a number of sexually transmitted diseases that can cause a rash (red spots) and so to be safe I would probably get checked out if the spots don't go away in a few days. I wouldn't use the new condoms anymore since it might be a reaction to the material, but would go back to the old brand. Furthermore, I would talk to your partner about what happened, and make sure that they aren't having problems as well. If you have a urologist, that would be the best place to go, otherwise go to your primary care physician first. Best of luck and sorry you're going through this.

Other Urologists