Is it possible to get pregnant if I have sex one day after my period?

I have a relatively normal 28 day cycle.
The most likely time to become pregnant during the menstrual cycle is near ovulation, the time when an egg is released from the ovaries and travels down the fallopian tube towards the uterus. If the egg is not fertilized, then the lining of the uterus degenerates and sloughs off in a menstrual period. In a typical 28-day cycle, ovulation typically occurs on day 14, with the time just before and after ovulation being the most fertile time in a woman's cycle. However, it is absolutely possible for a woman to become pregnant on any day of her cycle. Although the timing of a period is often used as a surrogate to count backwards and determine when ovulation occurred, in some women it is not uncommon for the biology of the oocyte not to match perfectly with the biology of the uterine lining. And, it is the oocyte that determines pregnancy, not the status of menstrual bleeding. Since sperm can be viable for several days after ejaculation, it is possible for intercourse several days before or after ovulation to result in pregnancy. Overall, if you are concerned about pregnancy, the best thing to do is make an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss pregnancy testing as well as your interest in either becoming pregnant (pre-partum health counseling) or preventing pregnancy (contraception options).