Why do I have sharp pain in my wrist?

If I move my right wrist a certain way or even use it a little bit I get a very sharp pain in it?
I'm sorry to hear that you are having pain in your wrist! I would definitely recommend going to see your primary care doctor about this, as they will be able to examine your wrist and help you figure out what is going on. When you go to see them, make sure you let them know if you have had any recent injury to the wrist (such as falling and landing on your hand), as acute injury is one of the most common causes of wrist pain. Usually, this is just a sprain, which can be treated with rest, ice, and anti inflammatory medications. However, rarely, a wrist injury can lead to a broken bone, and your doctor will be able to figure out whether you need an x-ray to rule this out. Another common cause of wrist pain is a repetitive use injury, such as might occur with certain jobs, like typing at a computer keyboard all day, as well as with some sports (for example, swinging a tennis racket frequently). Repetitive use injuries are typically treated in much the same fashion as a wrist sprain, although trying to avoid the activity that causes the pain is very important. Make an appointment with your primary care doctor!

Other Sports Medicine Specialists