I think I might have erectile dysfunction during intercourse; should I be seriously concerned?

I am in my early twenties and I have recently lost morning wood, or I very rarely have it in the mornings. I have also experienced ED during intercourse and I have reasons to be concerned that this could be an actual health issue. While it could be partly due to performance anxiety, I think there is another reason as to why I have issues. I have had a pretty tight foreskin since I was young, and I was able to stretch it out, meaning that I can manage to pull it back and forth, but overall I feel like its still a bit in the way (especially when putting on a condom, its all bundled up behind the glans). Could the foreskin be the cause of this or should I get my blood checked for some hormonal issue like low testosterone or something else? Thank you for your time and help.
I would definitely go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. Erectile dysfunction, as you have pointed out, can sometimes be a sign of another underlying medical problem, and a full medical evaluation is definitely in order. I think a key question to sort out is whether or not you are still waking up with some erections in the morning. It is unclear from your question if you have lost morning erections entirely or if they have just decreased in frequency. I stress this point because if you still have some morning erections, then this is a positive sign because it indicates that all of the "machinery" that leads to erection is still working well in your case. Most young men who don't have any other major medical problems (like, say, diabetes) don't need any detailed medical workup for erectile dysfunction as long as they are having erections occasionally. I think it is unlikely that the issue with your foreskin is causes a problem with erectile dysfunction, but your doctor will be able to take a look and figure out whether this might be contributing. Finally, the most likely cause of your erectile dysfunction is anxiety or stress, as you also point out, and your doctor will be able to help you figure out if this is the case and, if so, what could be done about it.

Nearby Psychologists

Other Psychologists