ZocdocAnswersDoes lower sperm count cause body growth to stop?

Question

Does lower sperm count cause body growth to stop?

I am 16, male and one person told me that due to masturbation I have very less sperm count due to which my body growth stop. Is there any cure for this to increase my sperm count and my body growth again starts?

Answer

It sounds like you have several questions about your health. Whenever you notice changes in your body or your health, or if you have questions about whether certain activities could be affecting you, the best thing to do is to speak with your physician about your concerns. Your growth and development during puberty is not affected by masturbation, and sperm count is not indicative of whether you are growing and developing in a healthy way. However, if you have concerns about this or questions about whether what you are experiencing is normal or not, your physician should be able to help answer these questions in a confidential way. In addition, if you have questions or concerns about sexuality and safe sexual practices, your physician can also be a very good source of medically accurate and of course confidential information. It is a good thing that you are paying attention to your health and trying to make sure that you are staying safe and well. It is also important to make sure that you let a physician know if you notice things that concern you about possible changes in your health. Hopefully you can rest assured that your health is just fine after speaking with your physician.