Find doctors and make appointments online!

• Albany

What could be causing prolonged nausea, fatigue and loss of appetite?

Came down with what I thought was a stomach virus Friday night(4-12) bad abdominal pain, fever and vomiting. Was in bed all day Saturday with aches, fluctuating fever and cold sweats. No appetite, had to force down some soup. Sunday, felt better, thought it was a 24 hour bug. Still no appetite and a little woozy, forced myself to eat some cereal and some tacos later on. Hydrated fairly well. Took a hot bath in epsom salt for the aches, almost passed out from the heat, switched to cool shower to cool me down, almost passed out again, vision blurred and hallucinated rain noises. Monday, woke up worse. No energy, no appetite, nausea, bouts of extreme fatigue and a very sore neck(figured it was from sleeping wrong). Finished work, got a massage for the neck, seemed to help. Today, same. Drank coconut water and electrolyte water constantly all day thinking I was dehydrated, no improvement. Urine is not overly dark but has a peculiar smell. What could be causing this?
It sounds like you have had a significant and rather dramatic change in your health with this new constellation of symptoms. There are many different things that could be causing your symptoms, and in this situation you should definitely see your primary care physician as soon as possible (an urgent care visit if necessary). It will be important for your physician to hear all the details of your story, examine you, consider your prior health history, and then likely check some basic laboratory tests to begin to identify what might be causing your symptoms. Among other things, abdominal pain with fevers and vomiting can be caused by a problem with the stomach, liver, or gallbladder. Given that your symptoms have persisted for more than a few days and you are noticing some changes in your urine, it is possible that your liver is not functioning properly and some of the chemicals it normally excretes (bilirubin) are causing some changes in your urine. A problem with your liver can be excluded by checking your labs. In addition, if you have not been able to keep food or fluids down, you may also have some electrolyte abnormalities that are contributing to your symptoms. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, but to protect your health it is important to see your physician as soon as possible!
Have further Questions? See a doctor!