I have a small umbilical hernia of about 1cm that doesn't cause me pain, should I get it treated?

I want to know if I should get this hernia treated before pregnancy? What are the chances that it will come back? My doctors wants to use sutures, how will the sutures heal after the surgery to insure that the hernia doesn't come back? please advise! I would really appreciate your help!
Small hernias are a common occurrence, but should be discussed with your doctor. A hernia is the term that is used to describe a small amount of bowel that has pushed through the wall that usually keeps it housed in the abdomen. These can happen either around the belly button, in the groin, or in other regions. Many people have them, and at some point it is often recommended that they be treated. This is because, when left untreated, the bowel can be pinched off by the abdominal wall, leaving a pocket of bowel without adequate blood supply or drainage (incarceration). For most people, the repair is a very straightforward surgery where the tissues of the abdominal wall are reinforced and closed to prevent the bowel from prolapsing through the wall. There is certainly a chance that the hernia could come back after it is repaired, as this part of the bowel wall is weaker than the rest of the abdominal wall. The sutures that would be used would usually be absorbable sutures in several layers, and these would generally not be a problem with wound healing. There is some scarring around these stitches, and that scar helps to provide strength. These are all excellent questions to discuss in detail with your surgeon. Please speak to your doctor.