If 920mg of fluoxetine is combined with a bottle of wine will a person die?

I have a friend who is threatening to commit suicide and wants to take wine with the 920mg of fluoxetine. Im really worried. She weighs about 130lbs and she's 5'4"
Please speak to a doctor immediately by calling 911 or going to an emergency room if you think you can get both of you there safely. Rather than giving specific comments about how to commit suicide, I think the key point here is that your friend needs help immediately! If your friend is threatening to commit suicide, then he or she is at an unstable point and should not be left alone. Calling 911 or reaching out to a physician immediately through other means (in person, not online) is entirely appropriate, no matter what time of day or night it may be. This can be a very scary time for both of you, and having a medical professional involved can help everyone to feel more in control of the situation. Also, involving other family members or support persons can be important to help improve the situation. If this can be done safely, it is often advised to speak to family members about the situation. Asking questions can be a good way to understand what your friend is feeling, and can help him or her to not feel so alone. Please call 911 or speak with a live physician, in person, immediately.

Other Psychiatrists