Will my fractured wrist return to how it was before or no ?

I had a fracture in my wrist 3months ago , however now i can do regular activities, holding bags. But when it comes to push-ups, still i cann't do them, moreover i asked a friend whose wrist was fractured 2 years ago, he told me that it will not be as it was ,and when he for example stand on his hand having his legs on walls, his fractured wrist still pains him. Have in mind that both the fractures of me and my friend was only cast for 1 month, and with no operation. So please help me, what can i do to make my wrist return as it was before
This is a complicated question, and I am sorry to hear that you broke your wrist. Furthermore, I am sorry that your friend is continuing to suffer pain this far after his trauma. Perhaps it would be worth while for him to speak more about this with his doctor to see what further steps could be made to help rehab his wrist and return him to where he had been before. As for you, it is quite early in the process. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor, but in general it is entirely normal for there to be some tenderness as your body is returning to the state that it was before. The nerve fibers have been disrupted and are in the process of growing back into any areas that may have been disrupted in the process. It is not uncommon for some surgeons to suggest to patients that nerve regrowth may take up to 2 years in some cases. There are some activities and exercises that may help you to improve your function and limit pain, and an orthopedic surgeon or a physical therapist may be able to guide you towards these. As always, the best way to optimize your recovery is to speak to your doctor about your concerns. Please speak to your doctor.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons

• Dr. Stephen Pearce
    Dr. Stephen Pearce MD
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    1015 East 32nd St.
    Austin, TX 78705
  • Dr. John Pearce
    Dr. John Pearce MD
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    1015 East 32nd St.
    Austin, TX 78705
  • Dr. Thomas Mann
    Dr. Thomas Mann MD
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    80 Health Park Dr.
    Louisville, CO 80027