ZocdocAnswersHow long until it is safe to drink alcohol after a wisdom teeth removal?

Question

How long until it is safe to drink alcohol after a wisdom teeth removal?

all teeth came out Friday and I want to party next Friday is that OK i will be done with my medicine around wendsday

Answer

It sounds like you are trying to be responsible about your health, and in particular mixing medications with alcohol. There is no hard and fast rule about alcohol post surgery per se, so you should discuss your concerns with your oral surgeon. Regarding the issue of whether it is safe for you to mix alcohol with painkillers, any sort of narcotic medication prescribed for pain after your wisdom tooth procedure (including vicodin, percocet, codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone) should absolutely not be mixed with alcohol. In addition, it is never safe to drink alcohol while taking tylenol, and tylenol is an ingredient in T3's, vicodin, and percocet. In fact, mixing tylenol and alcohol can be very dangerous and lead to liver failure. For this reason, the best thing to do is see how you are feeling after your wisdom teeth are removed. You may feel completely recovered in a few days and not need any additional pain medication. If you have any questions about what is or is not safe, either with this procedure or with any other medications, the best thing to do is talk with your physician about your concerns. In this case, you should go over your questions with your oral surgeon before your extraction. Good luck!