Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I accidentally damaged the frenulum near glans penis - what should I do?"

ZocdocAnswersI accidentally damaged the frenulum near glans penis - what should I do?


A year ago I accidentally damaged the frenulum near glans penis, where urine and semen comes out since then and the vessel is not so sensitive and becomes bend in the place (when the roll after the discovery of the head, that is unevenly rolled, and when uncovered head, then the place had a micro hole is made in the same place damaged) and it did not heal for a year here and the size of the penis decreased


It is really hard to tell from your description exactly what might be going on. However, it does sound like you have a chronic issue involving an injury to the head of the penis, and that should be checked out by your doctor at your earliest convenience, especially since you mention that it does not seem to be healing. You could start by seeing your primary care doctor, who should be able to help determine if this is an issue that needs further treatment or referral to a specialist, such as an urologist. Sometimes, in men who are uncircumcised (it sounds from your description that you are), there can be chronic irritation under the foreskin that can lead to redness, discomfort, and in some more protracted or severe cases, the development of scar tissue causing the foreskin to adhere to the head of the penis. I'm not sure if this is consistent with what you are describing, but it is a possibility. Treatments can include improved hygiene and, in selected cases, minor surgery to release the scar tissue. Another possibility would be hypospadias, which is a condition in which the urethra has an opening not at the tip of the penis. You do mention a "small hole" which might be consistent with this. Hypospadias is typically treated by surgery by an urologist. Again, please speak to your doctor to discuss your concerns and treatment options.

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.