ZocdocAnswersWhat's a white spot on my penis gland?

Question

What's a white spot on my penis gland?

i have a single white spot on the penis gland and it is on the head of the penis.It doesn't pain or itch just a white spot.and i don't think it is a PPP bcz its just a single spot near the base..please explain..i'm 22 and do not have sex with anyone.

Answer

I would recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. There are many potential causes of this spot, and your doctor will be able to perform a quick physical examination and narrow down these potential causes to the most likely ones. Even though you are not currently sexually active, it will be important to mention to your doctor if you have been sexually active in the past and, if so, when. This is because sexually transmitted infections are always high on the list of potential causes in anyone who has a spot on this part of the body and who has had sexual activity in the past. In addition to sexually transmitted infections, there are several skin conditions which can give spots on the penis. These include inflammatory conditions of the skin, such as eczema or psoriasis, as well as infections, such as a fungal infection of the skin. Fortunately, these conditions often have an obvious appearance to the trained eye of your doctor, and so they should be able to tell you quickly what they think. Based on the results of this office visit, your doctor will be able to tell if you need testing for sexually transmitted infections or if you need a cream or other medication for a skin condition.