Is honey eye drop bad for eyes?

I want to lighten my eyes with honey and water eye drops. Is it bad for my eyes? If so, is there any other way to lighten my eyes beside surgery?
Thank you for asking the question, and I do hope that you treat other home remedies with similar carefulness before you begin trying the remedy. It is always best to speak to your doctor before using home remedies. Using honey to change the color of your eyes is obviously quite a talked about home remedy. It is used in many parts of the world for this reason, and there is certainly some value to honey in other aspects of medicine. For example, honey can help as a natural cough suppressant and is also quite good with warm tea when you have a sore throat. In both of these cases, it is not perfect, but it may offer some help with a common condition. With regards to changing the color of your eyes by using honey, it is something that is not well studied within the science of medicine. There are certainly many eye conditions that would make this technique be less safe, and so it is always best that you speak with your specific doctor, optometrist, or ophthalmologist before you begin to regularly put a foreign body in your eyes. Please speak with your doctor, and remember that colored contacts are another option to lighten your eyes if you are a candidate according to your doctor.

Other Ophthalmologists