ZocdocAnswersAm I infertile?

Question

Am I infertile?

infertility since 8months? my sperm count-22mill/ml. active Motility after 2hrs-56. and liquefaction time-delayed more than 2hrs .my doctor told me- no problem. advise me please

Answer

I would listen to the recommendations of your doctor. A person is not considered to have problems with infertility until a full year has passed. This means a full year of unprotected intercourse with someone who is known to have normal reproductive health in the attempt to conceive a child. This implies that the problem may not be yours, and may have to do instead with your partner. There are many common problems that can affect a couple and cause problems with infertility. The fact that you have already seen a specialist who advised you that you would not have anything to worry about is promising. Obviously, things can change over time and with changes in your health, but speaking with your doctor on a regular basis is the best thing that you can do to make sure that you remain healthy and fertile. While attempting to conceive a child can be stressful, it is important to have open discussions with both your doctor and your partner to make sure that everyone remains on the same page. Please make sure that both you and your partner remain in good health and are taking appropriate supplementation. Again, please speak with your doctor.