Why does my neck hurt when trying to sleep?

I'm been unable to sleep for the past three nights because my neck starts hurting after a couple of hours? What causes this? What can I do?
I am sorry to hear that you have had to suffer from this. There are many potential causes of a sore neck, and not all of them are readily apparent. For this reason, it is often important to seek the help of a healthcare professional to help you determine what you need to do to feel better. There are a wide range of experts who can help you with this problem, from otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeons and spine surgeons (both of whom would primarily focus on surgical causes of neck pain) all the way to family practice doctors and even chiropractors. Any of these may be able to help you, but it is important to start down the path appropriately to make sure you have proper direction. Your primary care doctor may be able to help you the most because he or she can ask a few questions about other symptoms and get you directed to the right person. For example, if you have infectious symptoms such as a fever or swelling, you may need to speak with a surgeon. If you are having more of chronic symptoms, a medical doctor may be more appropriate. Again, please speak with your doctor.

Other Neurologists