Is there a way to fix a gummy smile?

I hate my smile because I show too much gums. As a result, I always keep my mouth closed in pictures. Help!
Yes, there are things that can be done to help a gummy smile. Some of these are simple, and can be worked through with your dentist, and others are more aggressive and may require the assistance of an oral surgeon. Either of these health professionals would be able to help get you started and pointed in the right direction by being able to appropriately diagnose what is causing you to feel that your smile is not perfect. Once the problem has been identified, the appropriate regime can be initiated to improve the problem. Ultimately, there are some people that do not have excellent results with more conservative therapies and require controlled jaw or face surgery to help to reposition the teeth in the best position relative to the lips. If you feel that your smile is not as good as it could be, speaking with a dentist or oral surgeon is the appropriate first step to begin treatment. The good news is that there are things that can be done to help you with your problem, and you just need to begin looking into this more to get the answers that you need. Please speak with your health care provider.

Nearby Dentists

• Dr. Linda Winter
    Dr. Linda Winter DMD, FAGD
    Dentist
    1445 North Ridge Road

Other Dentists