ZocdocAnswersWhat are weird tiny bumps on my face?

Question

What are weird tiny bumps on my face?

All around my face, there are these flesh colored bumps, varying by size, but they are very, very tiny. They do not hurt or itch, and nothing could get them away. I've had them for almost a year and a half now, and all they do is annoy. I have them everywhere on my t-zone, and a couple of spots on my cheeks. (I cleanse and moisturize my face 2 times a day) Please help. Thank you

Answer

Sorry to hear that you have had this problem for some time, and hope that we will be able to help. Unfortunately, there is quite a broad range of possible answers that this could be, so the best thing to do is to speak to a dermatologist. Many of the more obvious problems that people develop include both infectious causes and the long term results of these infections. Acne is common to almost all of us at some point, and the scars that form from acne can persist for some time thereafter. Other infectious problems can be either viral (such as shingles, which is less likely given the description of the sites you describe) or bacterial. The time of persistence is certainly less consistent with either of these. Other problems that can cause persistent bumps include either signs of a systemic problem (as some people will occasionally have changes on their face that indicate things such as high cholesterol), or something localized to the face that is completely unrelated. Regardless, the time that you have had these for and the fact that you seem to have excellent facial hygiene indicate that you may need help beyond your own. Please speak to a dermatologist to get the answer and treatment you need to feel better.