Is it normal to have brown discharge 5 weeks after miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago naturally, my bleeding was ongoing for about 2 weeks, then spotting then brown discharge and then yellow whitish discharge. For about 1 week and a half i have been clear and yesterday morning i noticed i was spotting again at first reddish color so i believed it was my period but as it progressed it became this very dark brown discharge and today as well Just wondering if this is normal
I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Having a brown colored discharge after a miscarriage is usually a normal occurrence, though it is advisable to discuss it with your PCP or OB/GYN. This discharge is actually blood that remains in the uterus and vagina that has turned a brown color from age due to lack of oxygen. While the tissues rejuvenate and repair themselves for your next menstrual cycle, old tissues are expelled from the body, along with the old blood. Therefore, shedding this blood as the pregnancy comes to an end is simply the natural process that your body is cleaning out the reproductive tract, preparing for the next cycle. Usually the discharge occurs for 14 to 21 days as its color progresses from red to brownish to yellow to clear as you have described your condition. In most cases, the brownish discharge disappears after the body has rid itself of all the left-over and unwanted tissues from the miscarriage. This usually lasts for a longer period of time. However, if the brown discharge persists for greater than 6 weeks, it is advisable that you see your PCP or an OB/GYN. If at any time your symptoms are accompanied by severe crampings or foul odor, pelvic pain, fevers or chills, you should go see your doctor the same day or go to the ER.