Why am I bleeding post period/sex?

It has been an unusual month for me; my period was about a week late when it did arrive it was much worse than usual, heavy flow & 3-4 days longer than usual. My husband and I had sex the next day. A few hours later I noticed a little blood in my underwear. I figured it was no big deal, and assumed it would go away in a day or 2. That was approximately 4 days ago. It's very little insignificant amounts of blood, but I also have intermittent cramping which is unusual for me in between periods. So my questions come down to this, obviously going to a doctor is the best way to find out what's going on, but I have no insurance and money isnt exactly falling into my lap, so I'm wondering what could be some possible causes for this and if it is okay to simply wait for it to cease or should I be worried and rush to the doctors office? Your time and advice is thoroughly appreciated!!! Have a wonderful day!
Bleeding between your period is certainly something that can cause concern for a woman, and is unfortunately somewhat common. Unfortunately, however, it is extremely difficult to give specific advice without more information. If you have established a relationship with a doctor in the past, such as an OB/GYN or a family practice doctor, it is entirely appropriate to call and ask this question to their office. He or she may know your health history and will be able to ask questions specific to your situation. In this situation, however, I have to be conservative because I do not so much as know your age let alone any of your risk factors for bleeding. In general, these questions are so individualized because so much will depend on you and your menstrual history. If you are historically very regular and this compromises a wide variation from that baseline, then this is likely something that you need to speak with your doctor about and may need an exam for. If, however, you are often irregular in this fashion, have changed birth control, or have other factors, then your doctor may be ok with waiting a bit longer. Please speak with your doctor for more direction, and good luck!