ZocdocAnswersWhy am I itching?

Question

Why am I itching?

i have bumps between my butt cheeks that itch and i also itch on my arms, legs and by my penis. there are no bumps anywhere other than the cheeks. please help

Answer

There are many possible causes for the symptoms you are describing so it is very important for you to make an appointment with your primary care doctor or dermatologist as soon as possible to determine your correct diagnosis and make sure you receive appropriate timely treatment. Bumps on your buttocks with generalized itching elsewhere could indicate an allergic reaction to something new that you were exposed to, such as new clothing or soap. Also, it is possible that the two conditions are completely unrelated. The bumps on your buttocks could be anything from razor burn to an STD and the generalized itching on your arms, legs, and groin area could be related to simply dry skin or a more serious medical condition such as kidney disease. As I am unaware of your past medical history or your recent exposures I would recommend making an appointment to have this checked out immediately to make sure it is nothing serious and so you can get some relief from your symptoms. In the meantime, try not to scratch the bumps or your skin where it is itching as this can lead to breaks in your skin which can increase the possibility of an infection.