Can eating properly minimize fatigue and fight off jet lag?

I?m looking for any solution to reduce jet lag once I land. I only have four days and I want to make the most of my time.
Jet lag is one of the unfortunate consequences of traveling. The extent of jet lag is directly related to how many time zones you will be crossing, not the actual length of the flight. There are many things that you can do to minimize fatigue and jet lag on your trip. First, you should discuss your upcoming travel with your primary care doctor who is aware of your general health and fitness. Some general tips are to try to slowly adjust your sleep schedule a few days prior to leaving to try to match the time zone that you will be traveling to. It is also very helpful to get some light exercise prior to and on vacation to help combat fatigue. Drink plenty of water before and during your trip as airplanes can be very dehydrating. Also, avoid alcohol which is also dehydrating and the effects of alcohol are magnified by the altitude of the plane. Eat healthy meals that are light on sodium as this can be bloating and increase fatigue. If it is possible, it can also be helpful to try to plan your trip so that you arrive during daylight hours as this can increase alertness and help acclimatize to your new time zone. Again, please speak with your primary care doctor.