Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Feeling unbalanced and tremor. What's wrong with me?"

ZocdocAnswersFeeling unbalanced and tremor. What's wrong with me?


As I was eating, I had a sudden feeling of getting "punched" in the brain. My head fell forward and things looked side ways for a few seconds. Ever since, there are times when I'm standing but my body feels wobbly as if on a sailing boat. Occasionally I feel a tremor either in my lower body or head while sitting or laying down. I had blood work done and I see there are abnormalities but what exactly do I have? 30yrs old female. Lab work results: High cholesterol 205, High LDL Cholesterol 117, High wbc 10.9, ketones 2+.


This is an unfortunate problem, and I am sorry to hear that you are suffering so. Hopefully, we can provide some direction to help you get better quickly. The most interesting point of your story is the sudden onset and feeling of "getting punched in the brain." This sort of feeling can be caused by several things, but it is interesting that you are still having some symptoms. I recommend discussing these concerns with your doctor. Obviously, common things are, by definition, common, and that would lead your doctor to consider causes such as headache, illness, or other problems. If you have a history of any of these, that could make a diagnosis easier. At times, it is necessary to involve specialists as well, and a neurologist is well trained to help making difficult diagnosis and to provide further direction to guide treatment. Your sense of imbalance may require further evaluation as well, as this symptom can stem from many different sources, including headaches among others. Obviously, there are serious medical problems that could cause these symptoms as well, and so it is important to discuss these with your doctor. Please speak with your doctor about your complaints, and get a referral as needed, possibly to a neurologist.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.