My mother had a stroke on the left side of her brain. Will the bleeding stop?

she has a bleeding now on the brain after her stoke will she have movements again and will she remember again
I am sorry to hear about your mother's stroke and I recommend following-up with a neurologist who can help with recovery. There are two main types of strokes which are clotting (most often) and bleeding. Narrowing of the carotid arteries supplying the brain or having an irregular heart beat pose high risks for throwing clots to the brain. A clotting or ischemic stroke can also convert to a hemorrhagic or bleeding stroke. In an elderly person with a history of tobacco use, it is very likely to be coming from narrowing of the carotid arteries. As these arteries get more narrowing, the stroke risks become higher. Hemorrhagic strokes are caused by high blood pressure, Berry aneurysms, and elderly falling and hitting their heads while on blood thinner like Coumadin. Once a stroke occurs it is essential to get immediate medical attention to reduce collateral damage, or even prevent death. It is difficult to tell immediately after the stroke occurs whether or by how much your mother will regain her movements or other functions. The aftermath of a stroke results in the brain tissue being swollen which may take days or weeks to resolve. Stroke patients are usually followed by neurologists in the hospital and typically undergo repeat CT scans to monitor the extent or areas of damage. It would be important to follow-up with a neurologist soon who can better monitor changes in your mother and predict her recovery.

Other Neurologists