A boy has short legs, short hands and doesn't walk properly, could he have polio?

I met a boy for marriage, I initially felt he has short legs and does not walk properly, he hinders while walking.. but as time passed i guess i got used to it and dont' feel that he hinders much.but he walks differently...then I took him to met my parents.. my parents are not agreeing for this telling he has polio. his hands are little bit shot when compared to his body.. I asked him he says he does not have any problem..what do u feel doe she really has some problem..please guide me.Is it good marrying him?
I recommend visiting a doctor for thorough evaluation. Polio is a viral infection that can attack nerves which may affect the spinal cord causing muscle weakness and paralysis. The virus usually enters the environment in the feces of someone who is infected and spreads through the fecal-oral route via contaminated water or food. Once infected, the symptoms generally appear 6 to 20 days with a range of 3 to 35 days. Complications include muscular weakness and bone shrinkage in the legs causing permanent physical disability in the affected nerve distribution. A person affected with polio can have an active sex life and is able to have normal healthy children. Polio is not a hereditary or genetic disease. It is a disease contracted from a polo virus that he survives, not one that he carries for life and then passes on to his children. It may leave residual damage, which cannot be repaired, but he no longer has the actual disease to infect other people. The virus usually persists in the throat for approximately one week after the onset of illness and is excreted in the feces for three to six weeks. In most people, post-polio syndrome (an average of 30 to 40 years after the initial polio illness) tends to progress slowly but is rarely life-threatening. Its common signs and symptoms include progressive muscle and joint weakness and pain, muscle atrophy, and general fatigue and exhaustion with minimal activity, etc. There are other medical conditions with symptoms that resemble to those of polio. I suggest that you talk to him to schedule an appointment with his doctor for a thorough evaluation of his condition to arrive a confirmed diagnosis.

• Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723