What are red patches and lots of bumps on insides of arms, hands and on thighs and fingers?

I don't have any medical conditions besides acne, and I'm generally healthy. I've noticed that the patches and bumps are worse on my left arm. Each patch is at most about half an inch long. I've had these for about the past week, and have gotten worse since then. These patches are only on the back of my hands, and fingers.
This is a good question. It is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. Your doctor may need to take a biopsy or refer you to a dermatologist. There are many possibilities for what could be causing your rash. The first is urticaria, more commonly known as hives. These are most often caused by an allergic reaction to something you have been exposed to, such as a new food or lotion. However, they can also be caused by other things such as stress and the cold. It is possible that you are suffering from dry skin or eczema. Another possibility is scabies, which are little mites that crawl under your skin. This usually causes an intense itch. As there are many causes for rashes and it is very difficult to diagnose you without examining you, it is important that you seek care with your doctor as soon as possible to get a correct diagnosis and treatment. In the meantime, try not to scratch or pick at your skin as this can lead to infection and/or scarring. Also keep your skin well moisturized by taking quick lukewarm showers and using a good quality lotion.