ZocdocAnswersCould there be a slug in my vagina?

Question

Could there be a slug in my vagina?

So I usually use my dildos in the dark but a couple days ago I decided to check on one of them and there was a slug on it and questionable white things that may or may not be insect eggs. What if there is a slug in my vagina?... Should I go to a doctor? :(

Answer

That is a excellent question, and one that can best be answered by your primary care doctor or ob/gyn. It is important that if you use sexual or masturbation aids such as dildos, that you ensure that they are adequately cleaned between usages. This is important because, as you have learned, this can be a breeding ground for bacteria and insects which can lead to vaginal infections. This is also important from a personal hygiene point of view because these items should be cleaned between uses to avoid contracting infections or diseases. Also, you should store your dildos in a well ventilated clean area to deter insects. You may discuss methods of cleaning your dildos with a medical professional or refer to any literature that came with these items. With regards to your question, if you notice pain, itching, purulent discharge or foul odors coming from your vagina, it is important that you be evaluated immediately as this can be a serious condition. Even without these findings, it is important that you be evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible because you need to have a pelvic exam to ensure that there is nothing concerning related to your genital region.