ZocdocAnswersWhat is this red itchy rash under my lip?

Question

What is this red itchy rash under my lip?

I have this red itchy rash under my lip that it burns a little and its bothering me. I have no idea what it is and i don't know if it is connected to me having oral sex with a girl recently

Answer

The short answer is that I am not sure what the rash could be, but it certainly is concerning that you have recently had oral sex with someone, at least in a relatively short time before the rash developed. Given the timeline and the fact that you are not sure what this is, it would be best for you to visit your doctor and to be forthcoming with him or her about what you are concerned about. There are many common sexually transmitted diseases that can be present. Some of these can lead to long term health problems, which are best addressed, treated, or resolved with immediate medical care. Many rashes that itch are caused by viruses or bacteria. There are also other rashes that can be caused by changes within your immune system, or responses to viral infections that you had some time ago. In short, it can be difficult to tell what is causing your rash even when you are face to face with your doctor, but even more so when you are speaking via the internet. Please arrange to meet with your doctor to discuss your concerns, begin some treatment, and put this itchy rash behind you.