Why have I recently had trouble falling asleep?

I am having a problem falling a sleep which I have never had before. My sister in law died about 3 weeks ago and having problems with my daughter and my husband. I have taken a bite of a 1/4mg of klonopin. It seems to help, but is it to little to make any difference.Thank u.
Insomnia is quite common especially during times of grief. It sounds like you're experiencing difficulty falling asleep (as opposed to waking up early). This type of insomnia will usually resolve overtime. If it does not, then one would have to entertain the possibility that the insomnia is then due to another reason, as the difficulties with sleep associated with grief should not last more than a few months. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your doctors">primary care physician. The insomnia that often accompanies depression usually involves early-morning awakening. People will often not complain of having trouble falling asleep, but they will wake up early and not be able to fall back asleep often because the mind is racing. Different doctors approach your problem in different ways. Again, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss how to approach it. I think that it would not be unreasonable for your doctor to provide you with a small prescription for a sleep aid that will help you get to sleep. In cases such as yours, I would choose the sleep aid trazodone as it is less habit forming than the other ones such as Ambien, Ativan, and Klonopin. However, your doctor might choose a different agent. Good luck.