ZocdocAnswersI have throat pain, neck pain and headaches, what could it be?

Question

I have throat pain, neck pain and headaches, what could it be?

For the past 2 months, I've been experiencing throat pain, neck pain and my head hurts!! but it only occur half of my body, like half my head, throat and neck! took some penicillin and Vicodin. to help ease my pain! i'm 21 years old female weight 109 height 5'0.. any thing i can do to help my pain, or get better!!! don't have insurance to go to the dr, i didn't hurt myself or anything, i eat healthy,. workout and stuff,the pain is on my left side, and my left eye get a little blurry!!! i get chest pain too, and its hard for me to go to sleep..

Answer

So sorry to hear about your current complaints. Sounds like you have many different things going on right now, and that you need to discuss this with a doctor (although this is obviously harder without insurance). First, please don't take medications that have not been prescribed to you specifically for a specific reason. While it may seem like common sense to take antibiotics and pain medications for many problems, doing so without more direction from a physician can cause more problems, some of which can be serious. There are many different things that could be causing these symptoms, some of which are serious. You will need to provide more information about other symptoms, the quality and character of your symptoms, other medical problems, etc before your doctor will be able to help you, as your problem does seem somewhat complex. At this point it could vary from something quite simple all the way to something quite serious. Given that it has been causing problems over so much time and is obviously impairing your ability to function, please speak with a doctor. There are many free clinics that are available in most major cities, and may provide additional options.