ZocdocAnswersRandom twitching all over my body including arms, back, and legs. Should I be worried?

Question

Random twitching all over my body including arms, back, and legs. Should I be worried?

Im 17 years old and it happens every day, has been going on for 2 years or more, past month has gotten worse, Hands feel weak and sometimes legs

Answer

Yes, this is something that you need to discuss with your doctor. He or she will be able to gather more information that will help you to become and stay healthy. It is not clear what could be causing these symptoms, or even what they are completely, but the fact that they seem to be getting worse is a sign that something may be changing. There are many common medications that can have some effects similar to what you are describing, and there are also a few different conditions. Each of these would be more or less likely to be involved depending on your family and personal health history, all of which your doctor would either know or be able to find out. Additionally, a physical exam would be a vital part of you getting the right answer. Even just checking your reflexes could be valuable information in the right context. A neurologist may be well equipped to answer these questions in a rapid fashion and recommend the testing or even imaging that you may need to understand this problem fully. Please speak with your doctor to determine if a referral to a neurologist is appropriate, and what the next step should be.