What causes my eczema?

my ecxema was triggered when i was 21 when my mother passed away, i had it really bad then. Im now 36 and have recently had a steroid injection as it was so bad. It is again comin back. what can cause this please?
Eczema is a chronic skin condition in which the skin becomes itchy, reddened, cracked and dry. The exact cause of eczema is unknown. However, experts believe that eczema is a genetically inherited condition. I recommend consulting a dermatologist to discuss your concern. They have concluded that the gene that causes dry, scaly skin predisposes individuals to eczema. It is also believed that it arises from an abnormal function of the immune system. It can be worsened with exposure to external or environmental factors such as seasonal allergies (i.e., pollen and hay fever, etc.) and internal factors such as hormone levels. Mental stress has also been a possible trigger. Some of other factors that may worsen its symptoms or trigger flares include (1) prolonged hot showers or baths; (2) sweating and then becoming chilled; (3) allowing the skin to stay dry; (4) rapid temperature changes; (5) dry air; (6) cigarette smoke; (7) dust; (8) pet dander; (9) some soaps or detergents; and (10) clothing made of wool or man-made fibers. Eczema is not an allergic reaction, but a large percentage of those with severe eczema develop asthma or other allergies. You should consult a dermatologist to help you manage your condition. Although there is currently no cure for eczema, your doctor will try to find out what triggers worsen your symptoms and identify as many trigger factors as possible to provide a variety of treatments which focus on the symptoms, as well as strategies to avoid triggers, and may improve your quality of life considerably.

Nearby Dermatologists