ZocdocAnswersWhy have I had this "trance" feeling for four days straight?

Question

Why have I had this "trance" feeling for four days straight?

Well I have been experiencing this for four days straight even though I'm not starring at anything. Is it allergies? Or am I seeing something that's just not there? Thanks

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that should be evaluated by your primary care physician. It is difficult to know the exact cause of this trance feeling you are describing without being able to discuss this with your further and conduct a complete history and physical, but based upon your description, there are several possibilities for what may be the cause of these feelings you are having. If you are noticing that this trance feeling comes and goes, and that you lose consciousness during these periods or lose track of time or forget what happens for a certain amount of time, there is a concern that you may be potentially having seizures. On the other hand, if you are constantly feeling a dull sense of malaise, or numbness or lack of interest in things that once interested you, then there may be a concern that you are experiencing depression or a mood disorder. Other causes for this that are less likely include medication effects or overdose of medications but again it is unclear based upon the information provided. A medical professional would be best able to evaluate and treat the symptoms that you are describing and so it is recommended you see someone as soon as possible.