Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by licensed doctors

"What are these inflamed hard bumps on my body?"

ZocdocAnswersWhat are these inflamed hard bumps on my body?


Frequently i am getting inflammatory hard bumps on my heel or palm, it is hard, very warm and painful. It stays for couple of hours and then it goes away.


It is very difficult to provide definitive advice over the internet, especially about skin rashes and lesions, since the physical examination is so important. That is why, I'd definitely recommend showing these spots to either your primary care doctor or your dermatologist to get an answer. One thought that comes to mind is a condition called dyshidrotic eczema. This is a form of eczema which primarily affects the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, so it definitely fits the patter you are describing. Usually, there is significant itching of the skin, but occasionally there may be more a pattern of raised, reddened areas such as you describe. Similarly, this might represent some a form of contact dermatitis, or allergic reaction of your skin to something you are coming in contact with. When you go to see your doctor, pay attention to if there are any factors that make this problem worse or better. For example, if the problem flares up when you are hot or sweating, that could go along with eczema. Also, make sure to mention what medications or creams, if any, you have used and if they have or have not helped, as that could also help narrow down the potential causes.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.