Walking I pee a little bit and coughing I pee a lot. What can I do?

just started today I do feel sick . I'm peeing myself just today when I cough and walk and I don't feel I have to go I do feel sick
Your experience of an urinary incontinence is not an uncommon phenomenon and I recommend consulting with your doctor. More than 33 million Americans, or 1 in 6 adults have this urinary incontinence. What you describe your condition sounds like a stress incontinence. It may occur because the pelvic muscles, which support the bladder and urethra, are weakened that something as simple as coughing or walking may cause you to leak urine. This weakness may be caused by childbirth, injury to the urethra area, surgery in the prostate or pelvic area or side effects of some medications. Fortunately, it is a treatable condition. Performing Kegel exercises (tightening the muscles of the pelvic floor as if trying to stop the urine stream) and bladder training (timed urination) may help you to strengthen the pelvic muscles, which hold in urine, and tame your incontinence. A timed urination may also help to keep the bladder empty and reduce the number or severity of incontinence episodes. That being said, treatment depends on what is causing the problem and the type of incontinence you have. There are other combination of treatment strategies that your doctor will likely recommend to end or lessen the number of incontinence episodes. Consult with your doctor soon to learn more about these treatment options.

Nearby Urologists

Other Urologists