What does it mean that I have blood in my nose mucus?

every morning when i blow my nose the mucus has blood but during the course of the day there is nothing in the mucus, only in the morning "the first morning blow". what does this mean?
Sorry to hear about your concerns. There is more information that I need before I can fully answer this question. For example, have you ever had nasal trauma or broken your nose? Have you ever had nasal surgery? Are you on any blood thinners such as aspirin, Plavix, or Coumadin? How long has this been going on for? Do you have any other reason to suspect that this is something more than a common problem? All of these questions, plus more, are the reason to discuss this with a doctor in person. Perhaps most importantly, he or she will be able to look in your nose and determine if there is something concerning that needs a further evaluation or perhaps even examination to make sure there is nothing more serious. An ear nose and throat surgeon (aka otolaryngology-head and neck surgeon or ENT) is trained in nose problems through many years, and may be able to help you best if your primary care doctor feels a referral is appropriate. He or she is also able to use a camera to more fully examine different sites of your nose if this is needed. Please speak with your doctor about your concerns.