Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"What could be wrong with my vagina?"

ZocdocAnswersWhat could be wrong with my vagina?


Hi im a young girl. I had unprotected sex a long time ago. Like 4 months ago. It was my first time so now i feel guilty and im freaking out about everything. My vagina (inside and out!) has become randomly ichy a few days after my period. its super annoying. I took a bath and read online to put rubbing alcohol on it. It burned a little. I took a mirror and then saw random white stuff inside my vagina! It wasnt like that before i put alcohol on it! I took a HIV test awhile ago and it came out negatie. I also got a brazilian wax 2 weeks ago? Idk if that has anything to do with it. Please help me... Something is wrong with me. I just know it):


Your description of your symptoms is concerning for a possible infection and I recommend making an appointment to see your primary care doctor or gynecologist. Your vagina has natural bacteria that creates an acidic environment that combats foreign bacteria and yeast. If you wash the inside of your vagina with strong soaps or even alcohol, like you mentioned, it can cause a lot of irritation inside your vagina as well as on the outside. The skin covering the vagina is thin and very sensitive. You mentioned that you see "white" stuff inside your vagina, which could be a yeast infection that can be treated with medicines. When the natural bacteria in your vagina is decreased, you are more susceptible to yeast infections. You also mention that you were sexually active and you had an HIV test that was negative. HIV is only one sexually transmitted disease (STD) and there are many more STD's you should be tested for. People who have STD's range from having no symptoms to having pain in the genital region. Though you did not mention that you have pain, you have "white stuff" that could be potential discharge concerning for an STD such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis etc. You can make an appointment to see your primary care doctor or a gynecologist to determine what treatment you may need.

Need more info?

See an obgyn today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.